April 9th 2016 - Harwich, Massachusetts
Bringing together hundreds of women and men to grow and sharpen their tech skills.Register Now
Click a Creative workshop to learn more
- Photoshop: Basic Training - Beginner
- Photoshop: Survival Guide - Intermediate/Advanced
- InDesign: Basic Training - Beginner/Intermediate
Click a Quickbooks workshop to learn more
- So you want to do your own business bookkeeping? - Beginner
- Quintessential QuickBooks - Beginner
- Automation and Integration with your Financial Software - Intermediate
Click a e-mail workshop to learn more
- Vertical Response: E-Mail Marketing for Non-Profits and Small Businesses - Beginner/Intermediate
Click a Social Media workshop to learn more
- Managing Social Media in a Small Business or Non-Profit using HootSuite - Beginner/Intermediate
- Blogging for Business (How to Stop Ignoring That Thing on Your Website Called a Blog.) - Intermediate
- Speaking Their Language: Writing R.A.D. Marketing Content - Intermediate
- Cupcakes to Consulting: Choose the Right Social Tool for your Business - Beginner
- Not Your Mother's Marketing Strategy - Beginner
- Content Creation for Scaredy Cats - Beginner
- Marketing 101 – Get a plan! - Beginner
- Digital Footprint - Beginner
- BEGINstagram - Your beginner class for Instagram - Beginner
- Instagram Part Deux: Video & Selfies Too! - Intermediate
- Tech that Works Best | Digital Marketing Tech Tools - Intermediate/Advanced
- It's not the Network it's the Content | Beating the News Feed - Intermediate/Advanced
- When to Pay to Play | Social Media Ads - Intermediate/Advanced
- Video Marketing - Advanced
- Bizstagram - Advanced
Web and Programming
Click a website workshop to learn more
- Kids Learn to Code - Beginner
- Hey Website? You’re hired. (A Solopreneurs Guide to Hiring Your Website as Your First Employee) - Beginner
- Building web pages with HTML - Beginner
- Styling web pages with CSS - Beginner
- Google Analytics - Uncover The Secrets of Google Analytics to Make the Best Content Ever - Beginner
- WordPress Housekeeping and Maintenance - Beginner
- AMAA - Ask Me Almost Anything About WordPress - Advanced
- CSS and web page layouts - Advanced
Click a business workshop to learn more
- Empowered Networking to Power Your Business - Beginner
- Google Drive - Using Cloud-Based Storage, Collaboration & Sharing - Intermediate
- Legal Essentials for Non-Profits - Beginner
- Copyrights, Trademarks, and Patents … Oh My! - Beginner
- Legal Essentials for Entrepreneurs - Beginner
- Try to Stump the Computer Expert - Beginner
Alecia OrsiniCEO | Good Natured Dog Productions
Alecia Orsini is a selfie-queen and an award winning multi-media professional. As CEO of Good Natured Dog Productions she brings the world of filmmaking to her diverse clients, in a wide array of industries. Alecia loves to geek out and does so as Geek Girl #26, traveling the country teaching video production, social media, and personal branding at Geek Girl TechCon.
Alison CaronCreative Director | Alison Caron Design
Alison Caron is the founder and creative director of Alison Caron Design, a Hyannis-based firm specializing in advertising, branding, and publishing. With a BFA in graphic design from UMass Dartmouth and more than 12 years of experience in publishing and advertising—including as creative director of Cape Cod Magazine and its sister publications.
Amy CQDigital Brand Specialist & WordPress Wrangler
Amy is on a mission…a mission to play it big while staying small. A mission to help other solopreneurs, like herself, to learn how to use big business strategy on branding, design, and website optimization on a micro business level. A mission to be HUGEish.
Amy DowdChief Geek | Coastal Marketing Solutions
A born marketing geek, Amy has over 25 years experience helping local businesses develop their marketing strategy. Her genuine personality and quick wit coupled with her experience in marketing management makes her a sought after marketing coach. Amy’s common sense approach to marketing utilizes both traditional methods while also taking advantage of the newer and geekier methods available.
Catherine WeberSocial Media Strategist | Aquent
Catherine Weber, also known as Geek Girl #12, has been teaching digital and social media marketing from the very beginning of the Geek Girl conferences. She is passionate and experienced in designing and implementing digital marketing programs for the likes of the National Park Service, Skinner Auctioneers & Appraisers, and Boston Medical Center.
Jody PatersonBookkeeping Manager | Fogged In Bookkeeping
Jody Paterson has been working with small business entrepreneurs for the past 9 years helping them with an array of accounting and payroll challenges. She enjoys working with business owners to zero in on their pain points and find practical solutions to their business and accounting hurdles.
Jean M. KourafasOwner | Basimos Digital Marketing
Jean has been an organizing member of Geek Girl Camp since its inception and is the owner of Basimos Digital Marketing. Since the mid 90’s, she has been designing, marketing, and managing corporate websites.
Kathy ZagzebskiExecutive Director | National Marine Life Center
Kathy is the President and Executive Director of the National Marine Life Center, a non-profit marine animal hospital and science and education center in Buzzards Bay. Previously, she worked at The Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito, California and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources in Brunswick, Georgia.
Meghan Blair-ValeroOwner | Fogged In Bookkeeping
Meghan Blair-Valero is a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, and a member of the Association of Independent Professional Bookkeepers. A lover of technology and supporter or women’s causes she is a proud Geek Girl. Having taught bookkeeping, accounting, QuickBooks, and children’s art classes she is quite happy at the front of a classroom.
Lynette YoungDirector | Marketing Technologies
Lynette is a marketing technology strategist and published author with focus on digital marketing and implementation services. She has been a highly sought after expert in social media marketing technology since 2006. She is also Hubspot Inbound Certified and heads up the ClaimWizard digital marketing products and team.
Nicole NollCo-founder | Women's Coding Collective
Nicole Noll is a social psychologist, teacher, and researcher. She is a founding member and organizer of the Women's Coding Collective, a collaborative learning community for women working and learning at the intersection of web development and entrepreneurship. With 10+ years of teaching experience, Nicole currently teaches and does research in the Department of Psychology at Harvard University.
Susan BuckCo-founder | Women's Coding Collective
Susan Buck is a programmer, designer, and educator with over 15 years of web development experience, starting with her education in digital media at NYU's Interactive Telecommunication Program and UNC Asheville's Multimedia Arts and Sciences program.Currently, Susan is a lab instructor in Computer Science at Wellesley College and also teaches Dynamic Web Applications at the Harvard Extension School.
Bridget AyersFounder | Get Smart Web
Bridget Ayers is the Head Geek and Founder of Get Smart Web & Co-Creator of Get Smart WorkSpaces. Bridget has been a tech obsessed, sales savvy, bottom-line managing, data-driven, innovation seeking, behavior watching entrepreneur for 14 years.
Deborah BisnetteTechnology Specialist | Bourne Public Schools
Deborah Bisnette is a technology specialist based on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. She is self-taught in most areas of her field and keeps up with it's rapid changes easily. Using Google Apps for Education, she became a GAFE Individual Instructor and introduced it to the rest of her school district, teaching its uses to both students and educators.
Katie ClancyChief House Hawker | The Cape House
Katie Clancy is Chief House Hawker at the top-producing The Cape House Team at William Raveis. Within 6 months of starting her real estate career, the country entered a recession and she found out (surprise!) she was pregnant with her fourth child. With almost no budget she figured out quickly how to leverage the power of digital marketing and social media to build one of the highest producing real estate brands on Cape Cod.
Melinda BakerDigital Sales Manager | Cape Cod Broadcasting
Melinda Baker is the Digital Sales Manager at Cape Cod Broadcasting. She is a Traditional and New Media Marketing expert with a proven ability to achieve market share growth through multi-platform advertising. Using a unique mix of strategic and creative skills she develops customized marketing plans to leverage brand equity and cultivate new relationships.
Proudly sponsored by
8:00am - 9:00am Welcome, Registration and Marketplace
Get registered and settled in for a great day of learning.
9:00am - 10:00am Keynote: TBD
12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch, Marketplace, HelpDesk
Enjoy lunch, check out the Marketplace.
5:00pm - 6:30pm Giveaways and Reception
Time to network and win some giveaways.
Speakers and Panels
11:00am - 12:00pm Panel: TBD
1:00pm - 2:00pm Panel: TBD
2:00pm - 3:00pm Panel: 20 Things You Are Doing Wrong in Social Media and How to Fix Them
More to come!
3:00pm - 4:00pm Panel: TBD
More to come!
4:00pm - 5:00pm Panel: TBD
This year's TechCon is located at Monomoy Regional High School
Monomoy Regional High School is a regional high school located in Harwich, Massachusetts. Located at: 75 Oak St, Harwich, MA 02645, USA
What are you waiting for?Don't Wait, Get your tickets right now Purchase Tickets Oh, invite your friends too
Are you a Founder of a Startup? Do you have that awesome app everyone should know about? How about that incredible product that will be the next big thing?
Then you need to apply to pitch!
We are looking for 12 companies in 3 sessions during Geek Girl TechCons in 2016 who will have the opportunity to pitch and receive valuable feedback from our local celebrity judges and vie to win top bragging rights! You can apply in one city, or multiple cities. Bay Area/San Mateo, San Diego, Boston and Cape Cod are some of the cities so far in 2016. It's easy:
Even if you are not ready to pitch, please forward to those who would love to!
*If you plan on attending a TechCon this year, these panels will be included in your ticket price so come and cheer these folks on!